Friday, April 24, 2009

Thinkers and Doers

I was about to write this entry into the blogosphere, coming up with some quirky ideas, when I actually had an example occur during the process. More in a minute.

There are thinkers and there are doers. I am a thinker. I rarely do. I’d like to do. My brain for some reason does not want me to do, rather it would like to gain the experience points by thinking about it. This is why my brain is a level 23 Lich King, while I’m a level 8 noob feeder.

A shout out to the gays.

Anyhway, something comes to pass. One person will ask why it happens, another will respond.

A possibility for something to happen comes to pass. One guy asks himself “could or will this happen?”, the other MAKES it happen.

I am the first, trying to become the second person. Why? Because I’m sick of thinking, while I could be doing. I’d like to get in better shape, but thinking about what I can or cannot do in order to make that happen won’t actually make that happen. If it could, I’d be ripped like Stein on a Saturday, but in a muscular way.

So what happened while I was about to write this? Brief synopsis:

§ Grade 9, hung out with burnouts
§ Beautiful girl in group, dated a guy 3 years older and then the guy who enjoyed going to westmount to break jaws, literally. Also, the second guy punched a girl in the face, in school, with hundreds of witnesses.
§ Girl left school for new school
§ I see her in one of my classes last year. Still beautiful, hanging out with non-douches.
§ Didn’t say hi to her once…(Mostly because there was no chance, Jenna was in my class and we all know how that must have been like…[There was a chance, that was a joke, mostly])

So Facebook tells me I might know this person, literally 7 minutes ago. Its that girl. Have I lost my chance? Who knows. Should I add her anyway, ask if she was in my class last year, if she even remembers me, and play dumb or state how dumb I was or am? Probably, who cares! What bad can happen? I didn’t do it. I should’ve right away in keeping with my preaching. There’s nothing to lose! To count my opportunity losses due to overthinking and not doing, I would need a fucking graphing calculator.

If Bill Haverchuck can make out with Vicki Appleby in a closet, so can I!



Figuratively speaking of course. I can’t yet manipulate the space time continuum or enter the television world, though it would be strange living for 30 minutes every week…

On the bright side, I did 45 minutes of cardio today. Step 1 to a better bod. How can it be better you ask? I know, right! But you’ll see. Step 2 (crunches) is the next goal. If I could only get out of this chair…

No comments:

Post a Comment